"

apathy is harder than it looks



























 
old
<< current













 
subtlety is a luxury



























neal's pizzeria
 
1.4.04  
I find it amusing that the same aspects of human nature which prevent a dictator from enslaving us also prevents us from reaching the highest imaginable levels of love. We are children of compromise. Imperfect, varied and always with conflict.

The smallest amount of friction applied to a pebble by the sand of the sea will craft it into a beautiful soft stone. The smallest amount of friction applied to the beautifly crafted statues of man will tear it into nothingness. Is our society, by having disagreement and conflict, crafting itself into better and higher forms, or is it crumbling where it stands?

I like to think it is doing both at the same time in a horrible dance of futility.


(historical-biographical context: a beautiful spring day while I wait for my favorite class to start)

18:36

Comments: Post a Comment